photography with wild m5

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Hsq

photography with wild m5

#1 Post by Hsq » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:38 am

I'm a bit confused. I've a pristine wild m5, and a nikon d5100. What do I need to connect them and take hq pictures and hd video?

Voyager-1

Re: photography with wild m5

#2 Post by Voyager-1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Hsq Start out getting a T-mount adapter for the Nikon, Amazon ~ $11. It goes on the camera just like a lens. Then you can go either of two ways: #1- is with an eyepiece adapter that replaces the eyepiece (slides directly into eyetube) or #2 - with adapter that the eyepiece slides into adapter than that adapter slides into eyetube. Both 1 and 2 have the T-mount male threaded end which connects to camera. You need to switch to Manual on the Nikon (the light metering will still work for great pictures!). You can even take full HD video once you get set up, and comfortable with just pictures!
One thing to check, which will help save a couple of $$, check the diameter of your eyepieces before purchasing either of the eyepiece items. My Gem Scope eyepieces have 30.5 mm (1.2 inch) diameter versus regular microscope eyepieces (say Leitz or AO) diameter of 23.5mm (0.915 inch). Hope this helps!

V