Hello World

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Darren

Hello World

#1 Post by Darren » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:06 am

Hi All,

Just registered and thought I would say hello.

After watching a ton of tube videos on microscopy, and many of the video's here I went ahead and purchased a Swift 380B. + 5mp camera

Sent it back after a week and got the 380T - they were happy to change the scope. and sent back the 5mp eyepiece camera.

Got a new camera on order, which is out for delivery and can't wait.

As this was my first scope I went for looks and didn't appreciate fully the tri version until I started to use the 350B and eyepiece camera!. Just found it to look ugly.

Now I think it is a thing of beauty :)

Anyway, that's what I have, thanks to the review on youtube by Oliver(?) - have a bad memory, especially with names.

I'm from the NorthWest of England, UK and have finally found something I appreciate doing as a hobby....and believe me I have swapped and changed hobbies many times over the years and have a shed and attic full of past ventures! :shock:

So hello from me and hope to post something interesting soon, I found it of interest. Two things really/. But will see how I go and how active you lot are :)

TTFN

Darren
Swift 380T using 10x, 20x, 40x & 60x objectives
16mp Microscope Camera (in the post....)
40 ~ 2000 x (more like 200x) LCD electronic microscope (actually very good)
(With home stitched mechanical stage and lighting system)

D0c

Re: Hello World

#2 Post by D0c » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:27 am

Hello Darren welcome to the forum, I look forward to reading your posts.
Leitz SM-Lux

SilverWolf

Re: Hello World

#3 Post by SilverWolf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:05 pm

Another welcome to the forum Darren from Down-Under :D

It's a very informative forum with some very knowledgeable and helpful members across many aspects of microscopy, I'm new myself but am already enjoying what the forum has to offer. A Great place to read, relax, share and learn.
Cheers
Wolf :ugeek: