Hello everybody

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Josep

Hello everybody

#1 Post by Josep » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:03 am

Hi. I am new in small things viewing world. I am here because of aquariums. I saw some dots moving along the glass, and I want to see what is all that dancing dors... I tried some entry point microscopes, but I think there must be something better to use, so I returned it, and I will read you to do a more smart choose.

Regards

dtsh

Re: Hello everybody

#2 Post by dtsh » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Hello Josep,

In general, there are advantages and disadvantages for new or used, with used you can get a very good deal on a high quality instrument, but you have to know what you are looking at. I recommend reading the brochures for various microscopes and understanding what features they offer as some manufacturers offer features that others do not. The continent you live on can also make a difference in what is available at the best prices, as certain brands had better presence than others.
I recommend looking at what others are using and asking them questions about why they chose it and any problems they have had using it, finding parts, or expansion.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your adventure.