Old and Learning

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
LagoDavid

Old and Learning

#1 Post by LagoDavid » Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

I am recently retired from 44 years of work in field service in industrial water treatment. The last 15 years of that work focused mostly on wastewater treatment in industrial plants and the majority of that being refineries. I have performed microscopic exams for customers for the past 15 years using my Olympus BH-2 BHS with all S-Plan objectives. I photograph using a Canon 6D full frame camera and have been satisfied with my image quality.

Post retirement, I am doing some consulting work on a part time basis, mostly providing microscopic examinations to refineries, and recently decided I need to be able to provide Live/Dead evaluations for my customers. I just purchased and am now trying to set up a Zeiss Axioskop 2 Plus for phase contrast and epi-fluorescence. I also purchased a ToupTek MTR3CCD 1.4 MP camera.

Initially I am struggling with the microscope set up and especially with the new camera, so I am hoping to be able to get some help from this forum. I know a lot more about industrial wastewater than I do about microscopes and microscopic photography.

75RR

Re: Old and Learning

#2 Post by 75RR » Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Hi LagoDavid, welcome

I would suggest setting up in Brightfield first and once everything is working as it should then have a go with Phase. Do leave epi-fluorescence for last!

Looked up your camera, I am providing a link so that other members can see what you have: http://touptek.com/product/showproduct. ... =en&id=248

Some images of your microscope and details on your objectives could be helpful
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)