Newbie Question

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Chris

Newbie Question

#1 Post by Chris » Thu May 27, 2021 10:41 pm

Hello all!

Thanks for this incredible forum! I am learning so much and appreciate all of the helpful posts.

I recently retired from the film and television world and am interested in soil microbiology and gardening.

I am looking to purchase a Motic BA310E trinocular scope to do some research.

I will be taking pics and videos for my own archives.

Any suggestions on where to buy Motic products? In the future I also would like to acquire a few Plan Apo objectives and am hopeful that I can use these on the BA310E. (I believe a German fellow is featuring Plan Apo s on his BA310E on his Youtube channel)

Thank you everyone!

75RR

Re: Newbie Question

#2 Post by 75RR » Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Hi Chris, welcome.

If you are up for a 2 hour drive you might want to contact PeteM before you purchase a new microscope. Much bigger bang for your buck with a quality used one!

https://www.microbehunter.com/microscop ... lit#p53086
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Fri May 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi and welcome to a terrific microscopy community. Indeed PeteM is a kind and shareing microscopist neighbor of yours. I am located central NY/ finger lakes NY...I can sell to you extremely low cost a trinocular head 160 TL microscope. whick would fit your needs, perhaps a few textbooks on soil-microscopy as well..you might use Pete M to 'go over my offer'. I have so many microscopes..their coming out of my...well never mind.

Please PM me if you want to talk, of course you can go over anything we discuss in this great forum, charlie g, fingerlakes/US

Chris

#4 Post by Chris » Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you for your responses! I'm still trying to figure out how to send personal messages to members.

75RR

#5 Post by 75RR » Sat May 29, 2021 6:47 am

Chris wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 pm
Thank you for your responses! I'm still trying to figure out how to send personal messages to members.
One can receive PMs once one joins, however, to send PMs one has to accumulate several posts first. Not sure quite how many - probably half a dozen + ...
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Chris

#6 Post by Chris » Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 am

75RR wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:47 am
Chris wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 pm
One can receive PMs once one joins, however, to send PMs one has to accumulate several posts first. Not sure quite how many - probably half a dozen + ...
Okay, thank you!