owner of an axioskop50

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
tracar

owner of an axioskop50

#1 Post by tracar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 am

i had a microscope as a child, so why not get one as a big boy ;) its been on my list of things to get for a long time.
i hunted around for a while for one, but never could find a nice one that was within reach,, Cashophorically speaking.... so a year later found one listed in Calgary Alberta Canada, 3.5 hours away.
it came with the ultra darkfield condenser and a *nice* 100x iris oil objective.
little did i know at the time that EPI and RMS were different threads
anyways with the axioskop being RMS i had a problem, as i bought the whole EPI set......lol didnt yell out loud till the night the package containing the new EPI objectives came in. hahah
now there was only One thing to do...
so i took the axioskop apart and machined what i needed to . and made it work.
even found a axioskop 2fl cube and stole parts from an Olympus df cube to make the optical mirror needed for the proper lighting.
short story i love making things better. and im happy with how this microscope turned out.
i have had about 2 months to play with it, and have learned quite a bit, but there is so much more i can learn, thats why im here .i have lurked in the shadows reading lots, but now i would like to interact.

Travis

Matador

Re: owner of an axioskop50

#2 Post by Matador » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 am

Awesome ! Also have an Axioskop 50. I'm in Quebec City, Canada,
My instrument setup : https://www.microbehunter.com/microscop ... =4&t=12711
Welcome to to forum !

Matador

tracar

Re: owner of an axioskop50

#3 Post by tracar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:24 am

Glad to be here !!