Microscopy lover

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
microcosmos

Microscopy lover

#1 Post by microcosmos » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Hello,

I love microscopy because it gives me endless fun exploring diverse disciplines including optics, mechanical engineering, protozoology, chemistry, geology, forensic science and others.

It's a complicated and beautiful physical machine that you can tinker with and discover the technological marvels within. It's something that lets you see wonderful things that you can't see with the naked eye.

I have used many microscopes over the years, from basic ones to top-end ones, mostly optical but some SEM and atomic force. I enjoyed using all of them and have a lot more to learn about their optics and engineering and what they can show through the eyepiece. I have done some studies of plankton and paper fibres and coatings, and I plan to do some petrography.

My first microscope many years ago was a very simple Enosa compound microscope bought off the shelf in a scientific supply shop. I had an amazing time with it but unfortunately I have lost it over several house moves. Somehow I managed to save one objective.

I am currently testing and modifying my Radical RPL-3T polarizing microscope to try to improve the lighting, optics and mechanics.

Already I have learnt many things from the discussions in this forum. I found technical information I couldn't find elsewhere, and valuable first-hand experiences with actual problems. I hope I can contribute something and look forward to more exciting times!

Wes

Re: Microscopy lover

#2 Post by Wes » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:34 pm

microcosmos wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:15 pm
I love microscopy because it gives me endless fun exploring diverse disciplines including optics, mechanical engineering, protozoology, chemistry, geology, forensic science and others.
Me too friend, its an infinite space to explore by learning and experimenting.

Also welcome to the forum.
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel