Hello from Iowa in the United States

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Tombk

Hello from Iowa in the United States

#1 Post by Tombk » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:38 pm

I just became a member of this forum. I am an amateur fossil collector. I recently ordered a used American optical 569 stereo zoom microscope to help me with my fossil cleaning and preparation. I have not yet received it in the mail, and I’m sure I will have some questions about the proper way to use it. I have not used a microscope since my days as a graduate student looking at slices of rat sprains. That was so long ago that I don’t remember what sort of scopes we used. Well, that’s all. I just wanted to say hi.

75RR

Re: Hello from Iowa in the United States

#2 Post by 75RR » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:11 am

Hi Tombk, welcome.

Do post some photos of your stereo microscope when it arrives in the My microscope section.

We all enjoy seeing what equipment members have.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

DrPhoxinus

#3 Post by DrPhoxinus » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Welcome Tombk,

I am southeastern Michigan not too far from Devonian sites like the rock quarry in Sylvania Ohio and Arkona Ontario

Enjoy the microcosm

Gerard

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:48 am

Welcome to a great forum of kind folks, Tombk (btw, I have kin in Ottumwa Iowa...why do you folk call a: 'paper bag'...a sack?!!, at quick stop stores around Ottumwa?!!).

I hope to share your forum posts...again, welcome to a thoughtful and sharing community ( thanks to Oliver Kim), charlie guevara, fingerlakes/US