Newbie from France!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
smollerthings

Newbie from France!

#1 Post by smollerthings » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I got hooked by microbehunter's youtube channel. It is like Pringles, when you pop, you just can't stop watching at those videos. In school I loved biology and microscopes but somehow just forgot about them after...

I am in the process of getting some starter microscope and am going to enjoy myself watching something else than my stupid smartphone.

Cheers,
Chris

microcosmos

Re: Newbie from France!

#2 Post by microcosmos » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Welcome and have fun! I don't think you'll ever need your smartphone again as the things to explore are just endless.

smollerthings

#3 Post by smollerthings » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:07 am

microcosmos wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:12 pm
Welcome and have fun! I don't think you'll ever need your smartphone again as the things to explore are just endless.
Well, I have good news and bad news. Good news, the community is fantastic and helped me to make everything work beautifully, even sending me parts! Bad news, I spend even more time on my smartphone now because I use it to take pics :lol:

microcosmos

#4 Post by microcosmos » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:24 am

It's alright as long as you enjoy yourself! Glad you got everything set up. I learnt a lot from the forum myself. It's a wonderful trove of collective knowledge and experiences. Have a great time.