Hello all micro people.

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
marwes

Hello all micro people.

#1 Post by marwes » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:42 am

Welcome from Poland. I am a pathologist and a microscope-user with over 10-year experience. I have worked with Olympus gear for years and was very happy with it but my new private microscope is Leica DM2500. Unfortunately, I have some issues with it and would rather I chose Olympus...

smollerthings

Re: Hello all micro people.

#2 Post by smollerthings » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Welcome !

microcosmos

#3 Post by microcosmos » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:32 am

Welcome and hope you have an enjoyable time here!

What issues are you having with the Leica? I’m curious as I have least experience with Leica among the major manufacturers. I use an Olympus at home.

marwes

#4 Post by marwes » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm

microcosmos wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:32 am
What issues are you having with the Leica? I’m curious as I have least experience with Leica among the major manufacturers. I use an Olympus at home.
The main issues run on adjusting a tailor-made condenser so that I don't have to switch its head back manually while using low magnifications and don't lose the full FOV at the same time. I discuss it more here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13924. There are also some problems with a slide holder and x/y coaxial drive that are not as reliable as in Olympus microscopes (Leica has a rack and pinion in one axis instead of a string).

By the way, I visited your website and I'm really impressed by your so many talents and works. Outstanding!

microcosmos

#5 Post by microcosmos » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 am

Thank you for visiting my website - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Life is short and I just want to make the most of it!

And thank you for the link to the other thread - lots of interesting optics and engineering discussion about all parts of your DM2500. For a current Leica microscope I would expect them to fix it if there's really a problem. It shouldn't be like the struggles we go through to put together old instruments, although having all the problems was a good learning adventure for me.

Ethan1989

#6 Post by Ethan1989 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. Hope you will share you knowledge here and gain a lot of things from here.