Hello from Wisconsin USA!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Dirtbug2012

Hello from Wisconsin USA!

#1 Post by Dirtbug2012 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:57 pm

I'm so happy to have found this forum! Thank you to Oliver and everyone that helps make this happen! I'm starting a new career helping farmers, growers and gardeners to rebuild their dirt back into quality well balanced, nutrient rich and biologically healthy soil! I have used a few hobby scopes since I was 9 years old and enjoyed the hobby very much. Now at 62 I am semi-retired and looking for a fulfilling part-time career by doing fauna counts in soil and offering bio-based inoculation treatments for higher yields and better soil rejuvenation. I'm using a National brand scope of an unknown model. I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people along the way to an exciting new opportunity! I hope everyone has a great day!

BramHuntingNematodes

Re: Hello from Wisconsin USA!

#2 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:18 pm

excellent welcome and I am looking forward to seeing some soil nematodes of agricultural importance
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

dtsh

#3 Post by dtsh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Welcome to the forum, neighbor.
I have some interest in what you're doing and hope to learn and possibly help.

Dirtbug2012

#4 Post by Dirtbug2012 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:12 pm

Thanks guys! I hope to be a regular around here! Now I just have to figure the whole picture taking/posting thing so I can share! Funny thing is I can telescope and build homes but computers have always left me scratching my head awondering why did it do that! Lolol

dtsh

#5 Post by dtsh » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:17 pm

Dirtbug2012 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:12 pm
Thanks guys! I hope to be a regular around here! Now I just have to figure the whole picture taking/posting thing so I can share! Funny thing is I can telescope and build homes but computers have always left me scratching my head awondering why did it do that! Lolol
If you can post some pictures of your scope, we can probably offer suggestions to get you going. The easiest is usually with a cellphone adapter to get decent images, but there's a whole other rabbit hole of ways to do imaging.
I suspect many of us started with cameras (cellphone or otherwise) held near the eyepiece, it works pretty well if steady and well positioned.

Ethan1989

#6 Post by Ethan1989 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum wish you best of luck.