Kia ora from New Zealand!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
microEYE

Kia ora from New Zealand!

#1 Post by microEYE » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:28 pm

Greetings from "The Antipodes". I am a long-time microscope guy. Initially trained (part-time) in microscope servicing and sales, while studying at University (Psychology). Went back to commercial Microscopy in 1986 and am still there!

New Zealand was an interesting place, microscopically speaking. Microscopes were imported from all over the world- initially from the UK (because of our country's historical ties), from Europe ie. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, several "Eastern Bloc" countries, including the GDR, USSR, Poland etc: the United States, Japan and more recently China. There are more.....

I have experience with Olympus product sales (in the 1980's).
Traveled to East Germany in 1989 and acquired the Carl Zeiss Jena agency (VEB Carl Zeiss Jena).....that was short-lived....
Represented Askania (Mikroskop Technik Rathenow), Germany.
Represented Meiji Techno, Japan for approximately twenty years.
Currently manufacturing and exporting video/digital microscopes for public spaces (yes, from NZ!).

I am looking forward to contributing to this Forum and can, hopefully add new perspectives from this part of the world.

Ethan1989

Re: Kia ora from New Zealand!

#2 Post by Ethan1989 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:39 pm

Welcome Welcome. You have a plenty of knowledge about Microbiology. Best of Luck to you Hope All we learn from you a lot of things.