Microscopist in Training

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
admoberg

Microscopist in Training

#1 Post by admoberg » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:55 am

Hi All,
This past year I've started on a course which includes using a microscope to classify soil organisms according to morphology. This of course means that I need to learn to use a microscope to see these organisms.
I purchased an LW Scientific i4 trinocular microscope along with a MiniVID 6.3 MP camera.
I've had a blast looking at and trying to identify the creatures on my slides! I just discovered this website last week, I wish I'd found it sooner as it may have affected my choice of microscope and camera as well. Oh well, it's all a good learning experience.
I've really enjoyed perusing the different articles, seems like there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here and I look forward to learning more.

Aaron
LW Scientific i4 Trinocular, BioVID 6.3MP

dtsh

Re: Microscopist in Training

#2 Post by dtsh » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:06 am

admoberg wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:55 am
Hi All,
This past year I've started on a course which includes using a microscope to classify soil organisms according to morphology. This of course means that I need to learn to use a microscope to see these organisms.
I purchased an LW Scientific i4 trinocular microscope along with a MiniVID 6.3 MP camera.
I've had a blast looking at and trying to identify the creatures on my slides! I just discovered this website last week, I wish I'd found it sooner as it may have affected my choice of microscope and camera as well. Oh well, it's all a good learning experience.
I've really enjoyed perusing the different articles, seems like there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here and I look forward to learning more.

Aaron
Hello and welcome.
I hope you share with us some of your journey.

deBult

#3 Post by deBult » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:24 am

A site with loads of introduction and advance material : http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/

mikemarotta

#4 Post by mikemarotta » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:34 pm

Welcome! This a great place to ask questions.
Mike M.
-----------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
Technical Writer