Hello, form Monterey Bay

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
fjordwarrden

Hello, form Monterey Bay

#1 Post by fjordwarrden » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:30 pm

Hell all,
Im a Marine Science College student from Santa Cruz California, I got into Microscopy recently when I started working on Plankton research through my school in association with NOAA. I am currently looking to get my first Microscope so I can continue the research from home as I move schools and work around Covid restrictions.

MicroBob

Re: Hello, form Monterey Bay

#2 Post by MicroBob » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:01 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum!
Please ignore the troll, it is not usual that the first reply to a new user is from one of them. He probably went bancrupt with a mobile toilet service due to incompetence and now looks for an income. :lol:
It is nice to hear that you are so interested in you studies that you are equipping yourself to do work on your own at home. Microscope is not that easy to start as you often need information, equipment, stains or mountants and look for sources to obtain them. With your college connection this will probably a lot easier for you.

Are you aware of Ed Ricketts, the marine biologist from Pacific Grove and friend on John Steinbeck? I find this duo quite fascinating and Ed Ricketts worked in the area you are in.

Bob

fjordwarrden

Re: Hello, form Monterey Bay

#3 Post by fjordwarrden » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:07 am

MicroBob wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:01 pm
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Please ignore the troll, it is not usual that the first reply to a new user is from one of them. He probably went bancrupt with a mobile toilet service due to incompetence and now looks for an income. :lol:
It is nice to hear that you are so interested in you studies that you are equipping yourself to do work on your own at home. Microscope is not that easy to start as you often need information, equipment, stains or mountants and look for sources to obtain them. With your college connection this will probably a lot easier for you.

Are you aware of Ed Ricketts, the marine biologist from Pacific Grove and friend on John Steinbeck? I find this duo quite fascinating and Ed Ricketts worked in the area you are in.

Bob
:lol: Silly Trolls! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am not aware of Ed Ricketts but I will remedy that shortly! Luckily for me I do have a lot of resources through my school, and I have already been contacted by a local Microscopist through this forum who has offered his support. Its great to get connected with so many generous knowledgable people.