Hello from the UK

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
JMC

Hello from the UK

#1 Post by JMC » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:06 am

Greetings all.

I'm Jonathan, and I'm based in the UK near London.

I got into microscopy in 2020 when I bought an Olympus BHB in need of repair, with the idea of learning how microscopes work and potentially using it for my research. For my day job I do research into skin measurement and imaging, and before long I got to wondering whether I could modify the BHB to make it possible to do UV transmission microscopy down to about 300nm to help with my sunscreen work.

This has resulted in a quest for UV imaging related equipment and information, and has been a fascinating (and tough) build, but as a result I can now do transmission imaging at 313nm and 365nm in the UV as well as in the visible (and IR if needed).

I'm very much a beginner in the world of microscopy, but have really enjoyed what I have learned so far, and am looking forward to reading (and at some point contributing) to the forum.

FatBassPlayer

Re: Hello from the UK

#2 Post by FatBassPlayer » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:09 pm

Hi Jonathan, from another UK chap, in Warwickshire. Only been here for a couple of weeks and it seems like a very friendly place, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. :)
Picasso is dead,
Mozart is dead,
Einstein is dead,
And I ain't feeling great.

JMC

Re: Hello from the UK

#3 Post by JMC » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:18 pm

FatBassPlayer wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:09 pm
Hi Jonathan, from another UK chap, in Warwickshire. Only been here for a couple of weeks and it seems like a very friendly place, with a wealth of knowledge and experience. :)
Thanks, yes looks like a great place. Looking forward to having a good read.