Greetings from Boise, ID, USA

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
krispenhartung

Greetings from Boise, ID, USA

#1 Post by krispenhartung » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:27 pm

So glad I found this forum....soooooo many questions! :-)

I'm currently on my fourth microscope, which is a recently purchased Motic Panthera C2 trinocular (w/ BF/DF/PH turret and polarization).
Currently capturing images and video with an iPhone XR and LabCam adaptor (standard with the upgraded Ultra model on the way), but I also have a Motic Moticam S5 Pro Lite on the way.
I was first introduced to microscopy in grade school (over 40 years ago) with a vintage microscope given to me by my parents. I lived on a small farm with a pond in our back yard, which was teaming with wildlife and microorganisms.
After years of neglect, I got back into microscopy in my 30s, which was again interrupted with raising children.
I just got back into it again this last year. I am into microscopy primarily for photographic and artistic purposes, as I am also a wildlife photographer.

Most of my work is posted on IG at: https://www.instragram.com/krispen_hartung_macrophotos
User name: krispen_hartung_macrophotos

Recently created YouTube channel, where I mix my microscopy videos with my own music (I am also a musician).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8RJG ... IX5y1kIl_Q

I am still working through the learning curve of the Panthera C2, especially with phase contrast and dark field and the adjustments required to get the best quality, focused images.
🦠 🦠🦠🦠🔬🔬🔬🔬
Krispen Hartung
Microscopy, macro photography, bird and wildlife photography
Motic Panthera C2 Trinocular microscope (BF/DF/PH/POL)
iPhone XR (12MP 3024 x 4033 images, 4K 30fps video)
LabCam Ultra iPhone adaptor

Javier

Re: Greetings from Boise, ID, USA

#2 Post by Javier » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Welcome!

Very cool videos and music. I'm also composing original music for microscopy, it is very interesting.