Greetings from VA, USA

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
GerryR

Greetings from VA, USA

#1 Post by GerryR » Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Hello, I'm a retired enginaire, enjineer, engine air...well I'm reasonably good at math :) . I've been in and out of microscopy for many years; I have a relatively short attention span, so I go at something full-force for awhile and then back off for awhile, depending upon what's going on in my life at the time. Well, I'm back into microscopy again. I have a Swift M2 Binocular field scope that I really like and have it fully operational (It was a pain trying to find a replacement rechargeable Lithium battery for it!) It is limited to 400x, but the macro/micro and portable capabilities make it nice. I recently purchased a Swift SW200 microscope because it had good reviews for a student microscope, saying it had excellent image quality compared to other microscopes costing much more; we'll see, as I haven't received it yet. I look at a variety of things, so the "general" scopes are what I gravitate toward. I hope to learn and relearn many things from this board. Wishing you all well and best regards. See you on the forums! (These are not pictures that I have taken, but pictures of what I purchased.)
Attachments
Swift EDU_6.jpg
Swift EDU_6.jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 840 times
Swift M2_8.jpg
Swift M2_8.jpg (95.5 KiB) Viewed 840 times

Javier

Re: Greetings from VA, USA

#2 Post by Javier » Sun May 22, 2022 3:47 pm

Welcome Gerry!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Javier.