Hello All

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
moetzmoet

Hello All

#1 Post by moetzmoet » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi All, Im brand new to microscopy, haven't never looked through one until now, 55 years old!

Anyway, I bought a Swift 350T with the 18mb SC1803R camera, and looking forward to discovering the miniature worlds around me :)
No idea how this scope of the camera rates for the price? I do find it a struggle to get the best out of the camera, even connected to my 32GB PC with Geforce 1080ti GPU, so looking forward to learning what I can from these pages

dtsh

Re: Hello All

#2 Post by dtsh » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome.

Never having used those products I can't comment on them, but I am certain they can provide you with many, many years of exploration and learning.

GerryR

#3 Post by GerryR » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:42 pm

Welcome aboard; many knowledgeable people here willing to share their knowledge. Enjoy your journey!!

Javier

#4 Post by Javier » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:43 pm

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

blekenbleu

#5 Post by blekenbleu » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm

moetzmoet wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm
I bought a Swift 350T with the 18mb SC1803R camera
One concern with the Swift 350T is that it does not include a relay lens for its camera port;
another is that matching oculars are seemingly unavailable as accessories.
Most microscopes require oculars (and relay lenses) to match their objectives;
otherwise, images are liable to objectionable chromatic and spherical aberrations.
The SC1803R may be a fine camera, but its lens may be a poor match for Swift 350T objectives.
Metaphot, Optiphot 1, 66; AO 10, 120, EPIStar, Cycloptic

celinedion

#6 Post by celinedion » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:24 am

As for struggling to get the best out of the camera, there are many factors that can affect the quality of the images captured by the camera. It's possible that there could be issues with the camera settings, lighting, or even the specimen itself. I would suggest experimenting with different camera settings and lighting conditions to see if that helps improve the image quality.
mapquest driving directionsLife is not fair, get used to it!

imkap

#7 Post by imkap » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:02 am

Hm, is this AI powered spam?
It would be interesting to see the Internet inhabited with AI only without us... Let them talk to each other and see what happens :D

Who knows maybe we already have a trusted AI member here. Maybe I'm the one, or who knows :mrgreen:

Anyway I suppose an AI inhabited Internet would be boring, just intelligence and no experience with anything, blabber only universe...

YolandaLazo

#8 Post by YolandaLazo » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:02 pm

welcome nice to meet you

PeteM

#9 Post by PeteM » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:48 am

Welcome aboard. Everything we see with our unaided eyes is really built from the micro-world on up.

I've become less enthusiastic about USB eyepiece cameras, such as your Swift, now that we have other options. The good news is that yours, with USB 3.0, is semi-satisfactory for movies as well as photos. They're also pretty handy - just drop them into an eyepiece tube. And the software that comes with them is often useful. Those are the pros.

The problem is they tend to use small and cheap sensors and then double the price compared to something in wider use in cameras. A cell phone (also with a small but often higher quality sensor) often takes better pictures. Various mirrorless camera bodies (e.g. Nikon J1 with a 1" sensor, Sony Nex with an APS-C sensor) often provide better images for the same price - and are widely available used as well. Mirrorless cameras also tend to have better resolution and higher frame rates for movies.

The point is, if your kit has just arrived, you might consider sending back the camera? It's not a bad choice, but perhaps not the best. Either way, focus stacking can help you take photos that look as good as what you perceive through the eyepieces.

RobertBrown

#10 Post by RobertBrown » Tue May 02, 2023 4:06 pm

hello you're welcome

einman

#11 Post by einman » Wed May 03, 2023 3:23 pm

A late welcome to you!