Hi everybody

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
pedersen

Hi everybody

#1 Post by pedersen » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:29 pm

I just wanted to say hi and thank you for the videos!

I took the recommendation and recently got a 380T as an upgrade to an used older "Breser Student LCD" which was not suited.

It's great i have been able to see all the fun stuff in compost (which was my reason to get a microscope), protoza, bacteria. Its fun, ciliates, cyano, rotifers, amoeabas, flagella, spores, arthropods and others I have yet to learn to identify.

Anyway - todays project was to attach an old mirrorless canon eos m I had, i was so lucky that I found a mount that was 3d printable and after some prototypes I managed to make an adaptor and take the first image today! I just wanted to share it here:
fly_leg.jpg
fly_leg.jpg (89.5 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
The adapter setup:
mount.jpg
mount.jpg (76.48 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
The adapter is only a mechanical connection for focal photography and is utilizing the phototube that came with the microscope. There is a brighter spot in the middle of the image which could be reflections from the tube? and the exact focus is not yet aligned, but i need a mini-hdmi cable to connect a monitor for live view so i can better adjust it.

blekenbleu

Re: Hi everybody

#2 Post by blekenbleu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:39 pm

Welcome and congrats on the adapter.
About that bright spot:
if that trinocular head does not completely switch from eye tubes to photo,
then light may be entering via uncovered oculars.
Metaphot, Optiphot 1, 66; AO 10, 120, EPIStar, Cycloptic

pedersen

#3 Post by pedersen » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 pm

Thank you. I will try to block the oculars to see if that has an effect.

SWmicro

#4 Post by SWmicro » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:31 am

pedersen wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:29 pm
I just wanted to say hi and thank you for the videos!

There is a brighter spot in the middle of the image which could be reflections from the tube?
Hi and welcome aboard from me also.

Yes reflection defo a possibility, forum member Louisescot has done a lot of experimenting with dslr adapters for various 'scopes including the 380T if my memory isn't totally awol, with luck she may spot this and be along in a minute :)

Sure Squintsalot

#5 Post by Sure Squintsalot » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:33 am

Judging by the light rainbow coloring, I suspect it's "sensor flare": a reflection of the camera sensor bouncing off the back of the lens, within the camera itself. This is commonly encountered in regular photography when for example, one shoots into the sun for a sunset shot, or has to use haze or polarizing filters in front of the lens.