new hobbyist in the south of Germany

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
samt

new hobbyist in the south of Germany

#1 Post by samt » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:58 am

Hi,

I'm Sam, I'm french but am living in the south of Germany.

I used microscopes as a kid (compound, mirror with a retrofit wit a lamp). But I never observed anything alive; to be honest after seeing onions and a few prepared slides, I felt it was interesting, but I had seen what had to be seen.

I'm now the parent of a young kid (4), and decided it would be nice to experiment with her. Then I discovered the youtube videos in the Microbehunter channel, this forum. I bought a Bresser Researcher Trino and took some water from a pond, dirt in the shower, etc. Everywhere I discover a new universe with many species, new shapes, behaviors, aesthetics... well it's a huge satisfaction for me, which I also share with my wife and kid. Thanks Oliver Kim for attracting attention to this hobby / way of life, I'm binge-watching your videos.

Despite of my efforts to read and document, I,ll likely have newbie and ID questions, thanks the community for your understanding :-)

Sam

Dennis

Re: new hobbyist in the south of Germany

#2 Post by Dennis » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Welcome Sam.

I also had a similar experience as a kid. I got a Sears microscope one year for Christmas with a few prepared slides and never looked at water samples for life.

-Dennis

Javier

Re: new hobbyist in the south of Germany

#3 Post by Javier » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Welcome!