Newcommer from Belgium

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
legionair

Newcommer from Belgium

#1 Post by legionair » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:02 pm

I'm Yves from Belgium and the past ten years I've been busy with photography.The last few months I had a picture block and found no new inspiration concerning interesting objects to get in front of the lens.
Recently,while watching youtube,I became interested in microscopy and after a few days I decided to give it a go.
The gear is quit basic;bresser microscoop trino researcher 40x-1000x and a ring for my nikon camera.The last one was a bit of a disappointment(maybe lack of experience) so I went for a bresser 5mp microcam instead.
I only started a short while ago but am already hooked at this new hobby and not only for the photographic possibilities but (maybe even more) for the way things look through the eyepieces.

microusr

Re: Newcommer from Belgium

#2 Post by microusr » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Hi Yves and welcome to the forum. I'm myself quite new to the microscope and looking use for photography as well; just out of curiosity do you have any raw and unstacked and uneditied photo we it would be possible to see the difference betwen using the DSLR adapter and microcam? Also, which Nikon DSLR adapter kit did you use?

legionair

#3 Post by legionair » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:43 am

Hi!thanks for the welcome.I bought a connection for my DSLR(nikon D7500) from the same brand as my microscope(bresser) plus T2 connector but after two days of giving all options possible a test I was not able to make any clear shots.
Therefore I bought myself a 5 mp microcam which makes clear pictures up to 1944x2592 pixels.The advantage is that I can work now(as far as taking pictures is concerned) via the screen of my laptop.
There is of course the disadvantage that with the microcam,as it is with the DSLR,that you only have a partial picture of what you see through the oculars.
But this I will solve over the next days by a x0.5 reduction lens.

the left picture of an onion is taken with a smartphone through the ocular,the right one of the same area with the 5 MP microcam.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146151375 ... ed-friend/

microusr

#4 Post by microusr » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:22 pm

Thanks for sharing and it seems clear to me that the easiest route is to opt for usb connected camera.