Macro and Micro

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Scanner16

Macro and Micro

#1 Post by Scanner16 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:08 pm

HI
I have just started to get involved in microphotography.
I bought the Swift SW308T for this purpose to use with my Nikon Z6ii
I have also bought the Amscope adapter to Nikon DLSR which works fine with my D5000.
I currently use the Mirrorless Z6ii for my macro photography, using magnification between 1x - 5x.
I will be using the Z6ii at some point to photograph from the SW308T, I just need to buy a generic adapter for Z6ii to DSLR- £30
I was looking at buying the Swift stereoscope Swift S7-TGL at £250 - £330, connecting the D5000 to it and using it to clean bugs etc for macro, although I could find other uses for it so it won't be a total waste of money.
however there are two versions of this stereoscope, one with 2x lens and zoom, and another with 2x, 4x lens, I couldn't find this with a zoom so assume it is an older model.
then there is a further choice with or without the boom bar.
I wathched a video from Oliver on the camera to microscope adapter where he mentioned the image quality wasn't so great, so have I wasted my money on this and have an adapter 3d printed for the Z6ii bypassing the lens.