Hello, in 2023.

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Tpot

Hello, in 2023.

#1 Post by Tpot » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:49 pm

Hello there,

Im new to microscopy, however in my first month of university I was shown a Biological microscope and a HD HDMI camera on its trinocular. I was able to afford one for my own home so, I’m here to try and learn and gain some useful insight and advice for my new learning undertaking.

I’ve purchased some pre-prepared slides and I’m looking for advice on the name of a “pre-prepared slide specific book” to coach me in my observations.

Can anybody recommend me a relevant book?

Apart for that I’m awaiting some blank slides and blue dye to look at my outdoor environments plants and perhaps some garden animal cells. I will require advice on these issues too, any learning resource materials ranging from books to YouTube tutorials would be required so, I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Can anybody recommend me some great go-to sources for beginners including information that explains what I’m seeing on the microbiological scale.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Mark (Queensland).

Lizzy

Re: Hello, in 2023.

#2 Post by Lizzy » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 am

I like watching micro cosmos, on YouTube, along with microbe hunter. Micro cosmos is more eye candy, less educational. I am starting out brand new to this, too. Best regards, Lizzy

juiweasley

Re: Hello, in 2023.

#3 Post by juiweasley » Fri May 05, 2023 10:19 am

One book that I would recommend is "The World of the Microscope" by Usborne. This book provides an introduction to microscopy and covers the basics of how to use a microscope, as well as information about different types of microscopes and sample preparation techniques. It also includes a range of pre-prepared slides that you can use to practice your observations.
foodleGet up from where you fell