Hello from USA

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
stewclatter

Hello from USA

#1 Post by stewclatter » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:22 am

Hi, eggy car

Although I'm new to microscopy, I was shown a biological microscope with an HD HDMI camera mounted on its trinocular during my first month of college. I'm here to attempt and learn as well as get some helpful information and suggestions for my new learning endeavor since I was able to afford one for my own home.

I've bought several pre-made slides, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of "pre-prepared slide specific book" I should read to help me with my observations.

Is there anyone who could suggest a book to me?

Aside from that, I'm waiting on some blank slides and blue dye so I can examine the flora in my outdoor spaces and maybe even some garden animal cells. I sincerely appreciate any guidance you can provide me as I will also need assistance with these matters. I will need books and YouTube videos among other learning resources.

Could someone maybe suggest some excellent starting points for me to read, including details that clarify what I'm seeing at the microbiological level?

Regards,
Last edited by stewclatter on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

einman

Re: Hello from USA

#2 Post by einman » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:44 pm

Hello and Welcome!

One good thing about belonging to a forum such as this, is the wealth of information available and shared. Information that can be accessed with a bit of searching and a lot of reading.

There are topics regarding everything you mentioned. Take a quick "search". Review the forums and then after doing so, if you have specific questions, select the appropriate topic within the forum and start posting!

Microscopy will either bore you or engulf you.. LOL..

This section of the forum is more for introductions, not so much for conversation.

Enjoy!