Never too late

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Ericco

Never too late

#1 Post by Ericco » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:11 pm

Hi,
I’m Eric from Hampton on the edge of SW London.
I looked down a microscope over 40 years ago at university on a Masters degree in Environmental Pollution Science - it was to identify asbestos fibres.
Last year I took a fancy to a Meopta microscope in a charity shop. It was in excellent condition - I now have four different Meoptas thanks to ebay from a field microscope through stereo, monocular and bino compound from 1970s.
Having got hooked I got myself a Leitz Laborlux D which is close to any good research model. Obviously, it is the modern illumination that sets it apart from the older machines. I am amazed at how little one pays for second hand machines now - definitely a buyers’ market - schools and colleges don’t use them any more. With Oliver’s videos I have already learnt a lot - his enthusiasm is infectious!

charlie g

Re: Never too late

#2 Post by charlie g » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:34 am

Welcome to a terrific community forum ( thanks again, Oliver), eric. Hope to enjoy posts of your microscopy. charlie g/fingerlakes,US

Phill Brown

Re: Never too late

#3 Post by Phill Brown » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:56 am

Happy days.
We have Watson and V***ers in the UK.
It's a slippery slope if you don't have a lot of space, the Watson microsystem 70 cases are designed to be stacked.
Good luck from sunny Devon.