Hello - introduction

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
mark

Hello - introduction

#1 Post by mark » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 am

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to tell you that your site and forum are excellent, extremely helpful and relevant.

This is Mark, located in Waterloo, Ontario Canada. Active in optical microscopy since a young age, with a student microscope. Over the years have built up a few higher quality devices. My primary scopes are 1) BX 51 with reflected and transmitted light capabilities and 2) BX 41 phase contrast.

Other interests include wireless technology, photography, radio astronomy once in a while and things of a general scientific nature.

I'm a semi-retired wireless industry executive - more info: http://approachinfinity.ca/executive.html

Best regards,

Mark

75RR

Re: Hello - introduction

#2 Post by 75RR » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi Mark.
Welcome.
Looked up your microscopes. That is some very nice equipment you have there. Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

gekko

#3 Post by gekko » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am

Hello Mark,
Glad you joined the forum: welcome!
mark wrote:First of all, I'd like to tell you that your site and forum are excellent, extremely helpful and relevant.
Thanks to Oliver whose behind-the-scenes efforts make this forum available to us.

Oliver

#4 Post by Oliver » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks to Oliver whose behind-the-scenes efforts make this forum available to us.
And thanks to the whole community, which keeps the forum active and alive with valuable contributions!

Oliver.
Image Oliver Kim - http://www.microbehunter.com - Microscopes: Olympus CH40 - Olympus CH-A - Breukhoven BMS student microscope - Euromex stereo - uSCOPE MXII