Hello to all

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
N0rs3man

Hello to all

#1 Post by N0rs3man » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:40 am

Hello.. I am new to this forum and fairly new to microscopy. It been a few years since my college lab days... What has brought me back to the job/hobby is beekeeping and disease identification.

qawine

Re: Hello to all

#2 Post by qawine » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:29 am

Welcome N0rs3man!

You will find many knowledgeable people who are willing to share their experience and expertise. I'm new and everyone has been great!
qawine

Amscope Phase Contrast Trinocular Microscope
Amscope MU1000 10 mp camera

gekko

#3 Post by gekko » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:45 pm

NOrs3man, welcome to the forum!

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Welcome, NOrs3men! Please visit Sam Droege's www.beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com all sorts of discussions on our crucial polinators, species trends,current grad student projects..and a nifty file on a practicle setup for bee/polinator image capture..atlas of specific body anatomy...ahh and a lot of the parasites your confronting at times.

I have an out of control apple orchard in finger lakes/US...and the invasive ( sigh, now resident: European orchard wasps) orchard wasp ...well they chew a hole in apples the size of the nibbles a small child would! These huge cigar sized wasps are
net captured if you have the heart to rsk it...and now to my point, NOrs3men:

A fresh slice of an apple placed in a jar with a lid ( say wide mouth plastic mayonaise jar) ..it narcotizes these huge wasps so you can handle them/ manipulate them..it is reversible...the wasp or bee recovers! I suggest you see if with your bees...the apple slice reversible stupor would help in your manipulations and image capture procedures for your bees.

welcome to this forum! visit Sam Droege's beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com charlie guevara

McConkey

#5 Post by McConkey » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Welcome!
Karl
AO21 with Canon M3

rnabholz

#6 Post by rnabholz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Welcome!

You have found a good group here.

Rod