Hello from Uruguay!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Protozoa

Hello from Uruguay!

#1 Post by Protozoa » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 am

Hi, my name is Diego, I'm 20 and I'm a biology student. I have interest in the micro-field in general, more towards protist and protozoa. That was the key to get me into biology by far.
I'm getting myself a sw350b microscope in a week or so to further search for protozoa in various environments. I later found out that Oliver seems to recommend Swift microscopes and that was amazing to know about.

I'm also keen on these living beings genetic drift and protein translation, to the point Im trying to understand where I may land; either an area that both includes genetics and evolution, or one that works with biotechnology tools that proves pertinent to understand protists in a commercial use. This being said, I must confess I thought I'd turn into an ecologist. But I fell in love with laboratories and molecular tools.

zzffnn

Re: Hello from Uruguay!

#2 Post by zzffnn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:17 am

Welcome, Diego!

You may want to join the other forum as well. Carlos, who also lives in Uruguay, has been taken tons of microscopy videos:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/p ... ile&u=2314

MicroBob

#3 Post by MicroBob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 am

Hi Diego,
welcome to the forum!
Do you already have a plancton net? Hobbyst46 recently posted a plan to build one and a source for inexpensive net material.

Bob

Dave S

#4 Post by Dave S » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi Diego, and welcome. :)
Suffolk, UK

Protozoa

#5 Post by Protozoa » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you all. I liked the forum and I'll surely try to make the net!!