Hello from Wales

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Mike E.

Hello from Wales

#1 Post by Mike E. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 am

Hello everyone, I'm retired and spend part of my time living in California and part in the UK. I'm relatively new to Microscopy, venturing into the hobby when I purchased a Nikon SMZ-2 stereo microscope a couple of years ago. As my interest has developed, I've been looking for a compound microscope to compliment the stereo model, and was fortunate to acquire a PZO phase contrast microscope with a complete set of matching optics and accessories at a fair price. I see there is quite a learning curve to this type of Microscopy, so it will take me awhile to get up to speed, where hopefully I can contribute something significant here on the forum.

Best regards, Mike.

MichaelG.

Re: Hello from Wales

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:46 am

Welcome aboard, Mike

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

Dave S

#3 Post by Dave S » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome. :)

Dave
Suffolk, UK

photomicro

#4 Post by photomicro » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:23 am

hello Mike

welcome to the forum, but also to the fact that there is also an active amateur microscopy community here within the UK.

Some are 'national' and some more local. Depends where you live in Wales, but there are active members in Pembrokeshire, and two meetings a year over the border in Staffordshire.

Mike

Mike E.

#5 Post by Mike E. » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm

I'm located in South Wales north of Cardiff. A future trip to one of your meetings in Staffordshire sounds interesting. My Wife and I like a road trip. :)