Parts & Accessories for Fisher Scientific Micromaster CK

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
hpl

Parts & Accessories for Fisher Scientific Micromaster CK

#1 Post by hpl » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:50 pm

We recently bought a Fisher Scientific Micromaster Model CK.

I searched but could not find a manual or detailed information to see if I can get additional parts for the scope. It would be nice to get a 20x eyepiece or even better to somehow add dark field and phase contrast capabilities.

I wonder if there are 'generic' eyepiece, objectives etc. which can fit my scope. If this model is similar in construction and/or have the same specs as better known brands, I may be able to find parts for it.

I found an Operation Manual for Micromaster II microscope describing how to attach a T-mount adapter for photomicroscopy. I searched but could not find the adapter mentioned in the manual: Fisher Scientific 12-563-TM.

I hope to find appropriate adapters so that we could take videos and pictures using our various Nikon DSLR, Olympus and Panasonic GHs cameras or iphones (as the last resort).
Fisher Scientific Micromaster CK.JPG
Fisher Scientific Micromaster CK.JPG (48.45 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

hpl

Re: Parts & Accessories for Fisher Scientific Micromaster CK

#2 Post by hpl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 pm

After reading other threads regarding using generic/substitute microscope parts, it seems that I may be able to get ebay eyepieces and objectives to expand the capabilities of my FS Micromaster scope.

Here are what I am thinking of getting

1. 20x WF eyepieces
AmScope EP20X23 Pair of WF20X Microscope Eyepieces (23mm)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-EP20X2 ... SwWSxf4vYw

or
WF20X Wide Angle Widefield Eyepiece for Biological Microscope 23.2mm Black

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WF20X-Wide-Ang ... 2849128949

2. 60x objective (to replace the 100x oil immersion objective)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-10X-20X-40X ... 2885594343

I would appreciate feedbacks from users who have tried 'generic' eyepieces/objectives. There are usually no product reviews of ebay items from China so I would like pointers to more reliable sources.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

perrywespa

#3 Post by perrywespa » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 pm

I recently bought a 20X Amscope Plan Achromat for my Olympus CH-2 from Amazon that I've been pretty happy with so far.
Perry
Insatiably curious.

dtsh

#4 Post by dtsh » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:26 am

I had picked up a set of the eBay 160mm objectives for a Wesco I used to have. They're not bad, especially given the price.
I have no comment in regards to the eyepieces.

hpl

#5 Post by hpl » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:34 pm

perrywespa and dtsh,

Thank you for reporting your experience with using non-original microscope parts.

I will order a pair of 20x eyepieces first to see how they work out. I may or may not need to get a 60x objective lens with the new eyepieces.