Amscope T490 Questions

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
sheaney

Re: Amscope T490 Questions

#31 Post by sheaney » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi All,

Amscope customer support just sent me a link to their Simple Polarising Kit so I thought I would share the product code (just search for it on their website): PZK

It looks pretty basic so not much different from a hack. They didn't tell me if the filters are linear or circular. Ah well, you can't expect the moon on my budget! I'm sure it's the same for most of you guys too. All the best.

InstantMochiii

Re: Amscope T490 Questions

#32 Post by InstantMochiii » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 pm

natedoggraymond wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 am
Great Questions! There is a frosted portion inside the removable black piece whose thread diameter I was discussing (the collector lens). I will take some more complete pictures of the LED assembly. It is difficult because there is a wire or two that prevents me from opening the LED access door very far. I will take some from above, having removed the black, threaded collector lens.

I have taken pictures through the phototube without issue and the illumination appears to be a bit less through the phototube. If I had to guess, I would put the perceived brightness at 60% through the binocular portion and 40% through the phototube when looking at both with one eye through a 10x eyepiece.

There is no iris in the base, but the LED brightness, is of course, variable. No Kohler possibilities here.

Pictures:
1. LED assembly viewed through door in base (wires impeding door from opening very wide). LEDs off.
2. LED assembly viewed from above, through the collector lens hole. Black, threaded collector lens removed. LEDs off.
3. LED assembly viewed through collector lens hole again. Black, threaded collector lens removed. LEDs on.
4. A more zoomed out view through the collector lens hole. Black, threaded collector lens removed. LEDs off.

-Nate
Hi, so I know this is a thread from a while ago, but do you know if the LED bulbs would be/are replaceable? I'd ideally like a backup plan in the event that something happens and I need to replace it... :)

Also, has darkfield been working for you? I've heard that the wattage and lumens in the T490B-LED might not be enough for a good darkfield, but I'm not sure...