Swift SW380 - New objective

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
Sven

Swift SW380 - New objective

#1 Post by Sven » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:23 pm

I would like to buy a 20x (and maybe a 60x) objective for my Swift SW380 microscope, to replace the 100x oil objective. However i'm a bit confused by the threads.

I know i need a conjucate distance of 195 and parfocal distance of 45mm. As far as i understand this microscope uses DIN objectives.

When i measure the thread it measures 20.2mm in diameter.

For example, these objectives, will they fit (And are they Ok objectives..)?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975430872.html
specs:
Magnification: 4X, 10X, 20X(S), 40X(S), 60X(S), 100S(S, Oil)
NA: 0.25
Conjugate Distance: 195 mm
45 EP
Standard DIN 160/0.17 HD achromatic objectives
Suit Microscope: biological microscope
Thread RMS WJ4/5 in×1/36 in
Thread Diameter: 20.2 mm
The add says RMS thread is that the same as my scope uses?

Microworld Steve

Re: Swift SW380 - New objective

#2 Post by Microworld Steve » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 am

From my experience, which ain't a lot, but enough to comment here, those objectives should fit the turret of your Swift with no problem. Most objectives will interchange with different microscopes. I had that same concern so what I did was buy one objective, (20X) to try it and it fit like it was made for it. After I found it would fit, I bought a few more objectives. As far as that particular brand, I'm not familiar with it so I won't say either way, but they do look like they will do a good job at making little things look bigger. If no one else comments, I say buy one and try it out. If you're satisfied with it, then get the rest of what you want.
If I can't see it with my microscope, it ain't worth looking at. :D