Olympus BX50 with DIC on ebay

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
ImperatorRex

Olympus BX50 with DIC on ebay

#1 Post by ImperatorRex » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Maybe an opportunity to buy a BX50 with some of the DIC equipement? (not for me, I already bought an Olympus out of Singapore some time ago)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/olympus-bx50-f ... Sw-o9geDgg

Seller is from South Korea. The slider in the noise piece does not look like to be the DICT slider, looks more like a plug?
So maybe some more questions to the seller would make sense, also to clarify what prisms are in the condensor.

LouiseScot

Re: Olympus BX50 with DIC on ebay

#2 Post by LouiseScot » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:39 pm

ImperatorRex wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm
Maybe an opportunity to buy a BX50 with some of the DIC equipement? (not for me, I already bought an Olympus out of Singapore some time ago)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/olympus-bx50-f ... Sw-o9geDgg

Seller is from South Korea. The slider in the noise piece does not look like to be the DICT slider, looks more like a plug?
So maybe some more questions to the seller would make sense, also to clarify what prisms are in the condensor.
It doesn't mention DIC anywhere in the description and the price doesn't seem high enough...

Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

ImperatorRex

Re: Olympus BX50 with DIC on ebay

#3 Post by ImperatorRex » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Well, at least the photos shows the DIC universal condensor, on the wheel you can see the small tag "DP100", what indicates the matching DIC prism for the UPLANFl 100x oil objective.
I do not think the seller knows too much about the equipment, it is not the BX50F3 version wiht Fluorescense equipment. But this may be the reason why he is starting with a relative low price.
So at least worth to ask for more details (photos!) about this equipment.