Lomo specs.

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
apochronaut

Lomo specs.

#1 Post by apochronaut » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am

I am contemplating buying some Lomo D.I.N. planapo objectives. They appear to have made both 160mm and infinity versions. I am more interested in the 160mm right now. Does anyone have any experience with either of those formats? I assume the 160mm need plancompensating eyepieces.Do only Lomo work well?

With the infinity versions, what is the reference length and where are the corrections taking place? Anybody know?

Dmi3n

Re: Lomo specs.

#2 Post by Dmi3n » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 am

Hello. I really recommend you to stay away from 160 ones at least.They need special eyepieces with heavy compensation, have low contrast and are very prone to glass separation, not only delamination but the glass itself is often corroded over time. Also the corrected part of field must be small. LOMO APOs are much better, especially water immersion ones.
Gear list:
CZJ NfPk and Polmi A w/ 45mm apo objectives, Phv, Epi Pol, trinocular
Gamma Hungary 3D-condenser
LOMO ОИ-28 Fluorescence Attachment
Set of Leitz Photar macro lens
Nikon D500 DSLR
LOMO МС-2 microtome

Dmi3n

Re: Lomo specs.

#3 Post by Dmi3n » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:21 am

Infinite - corrected LOMO planapos are for reflected light only if I recall it correctly. So they will work properly only with no coverslip. Don't know if they are any good, nobody uses them even here in Russia, at least never seen any posts.
Gear list:
CZJ NfPk and Polmi A w/ 45mm apo objectives, Phv, Epi Pol, trinocular
Gamma Hungary 3D-condenser
LOMO ОИ-28 Fluorescence Attachment
Set of Leitz Photar macro lens
Nikon D500 DSLR
LOMO МС-2 microtome