Replacing filters in the base of a Photomicroscope III

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
tlansing

Replacing filters in the base of a Photomicroscope III

#1 Post by tlansing » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm

I need to replace one of the filters in the assembly in the base of my Photomicroscope III. The instructions for originally placing the filters into the assembly is pretty straightforward, as shown below.
Filter Assembly.JPG
Filter Assembly.JPG (125.85 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on replacing an older broken filter with a new one. Are there any tricks to removing the snap ring to replace the filter? Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam Long

Re: Replacing filters in the base of a Photomicroscope III

#2 Post by Adam Long » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 am

No help I'm afraid but let me know how you get on. I could do with removing the filters from my Universal to check what is installed and give them a clean.

Leitzcycler

Re: Replacing filters in the base of a Photomicroscope III

#3 Post by Leitzcycler » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:03 am

I have no experience with this microscope. However, with my fluorometer using filters and similar rings I just pushed the filter from the opposite site and it came off with the ring. With a jammed ring I lifted it up using a flat screw driver placing it into its break positon. Of course all depends how tight the ring is and you have to be very careful as you may easily break or scratch the filter.