Mr. Potato Head Meets Carl Zeiss Axioskops

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
Gatorengineer64

Mr. Potato Head Meets Carl Zeiss Axioskops

#1 Post by Gatorengineer64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Well, when I started down this upgrade journey, I started with some low end stuff, and then realized that wasn't what I wanted. I then went to an eclipse 400 and realized, I didn't buy it with a either a trinoc head or Phase. It was much cheaper to buy a 600 with both, and borrow a few goodies from the 400.

I always had a love of Zeiss, and figured along the way I would try and Axioskop. Well, the axioskop is a much better fit for what I want, much cheaper on the used market. So my future scope will be an Axioskop, and to get there..... Now its time to play Mr. potato head.... this part here this part there.

I learned real quick that no Axio 40 parts other than objectives and head are compatible. The 40 has been decapitated and de-condensored and is now back on the ebay for almost nothing. Will hopefully make one complete scope, secondary scope, and probably part out the third, keep a spare power system etc.

Zeiss has a lot better light control, less plastic and much cheaper parts than nikon, also smaller and lighter than the eclipse.
Attachments
IMG_20210912_150534.jpg
IMG_20210912_150534.jpg (203.42 KiB) Viewed 886 times

FungusMan

Re: Mr. Potato Head Meets Carl Zeiss Axioskops

#2 Post by FungusMan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Well done and I love the picture, like an arsenal of power scopes. Hope to see some images from your microware. :ugeek: