CX43 or Motic Panthera

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
Diatoms

CX43 or Motic Panthera

#1 Post by Diatoms » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Hello, recently I've came across two very similar microscopes models that I'm going to use for phase contrast, the Motic Panthera C2 and Olympus CX43 respectively. The Motic might be a China microscope but they have a centre here and offers servicing and has parts of the microscope in case something cannot function. Optics on Motic are fairly good coming with a 22mm WF eyepiece, it has been used by many people on different social platforms. This scope also has Motic's Light Tracer technology which includes a light intensity manager (LIM)..

On the other hand for the CX43, there is no LIM which makes me worry that it will sometimes blind our eyes when changing to another objectives, and only very few pictures and videos has been uploaded using this microscope. The optics should be extremely good as it's a brand microscope and also has the ability to upgrade to phase contrast fluor objectives. CX43 also has a function that locks the aperture diaphragm (not sure if that's important).

If anyone has used a microscope with LIM function, do tell me if it's important (using on average 30 minutes and looking from eyepiece). Also for anyone who has used any of the 2 microscopes, is chromatic aberration very easily visible through the scope. Thanks for reading. :)
Last edited by Diatoms on Thu May 12, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

MethyleneBlue

Re: CX43 or Motic Panthera

#2 Post by MethyleneBlue » Mon May 09, 2022 4:42 am

motic panthera, the source of production does not matter (for most cases)

apochronaut

Re: CX43 or Motic Panthera

#3 Post by apochronaut » Mon May 09, 2022 10:34 am

The Olympus CX-23, CX-33, CX-43 and CX-53 inverted are all well represented by several Chinese trading companies and factories that are members of the Made in China website. It is hard to tell who makes them, might actually be Motic but they too are made in China as well. The CX-43 seems to have an automatic intensity modulater, similar to the Motic LIM.