Problem with stage movement in Nikon E200 microscope

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
tonypedroza10

Problem with stage movement in Nikon E200 microscope

#1 Post by tonypedroza10 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Hello! Im looking for help. Im trying to fix a problem in a Nikon E200 microscope. The problem is that its not moving the slide-holder. The lateral movement [photo 1] which should be done by using the last knob [photo 2] is no longer working. A little plastic tooth pulley [photo 3] was broken so I guess I should change this pulley in order to fix this lateral movement problem. Anyone here knows where I can buy this little plastic tooth pulley? Also, is there any manual of service which explain the insides parts so I can change it?

imkap

Re: Problem with stage movement in Nikon E200 microscope

#2 Post by imkap » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:02 pm

You can disassemble and see how was it attached and how it works, write down and take photos to remember. Have the new part made by 3d printing or on a lathe. Either from plastic or metal, by you or someone else. Shouldn't be expensive. Maybe someone online makes these, I heard on the forum that there is a person making spare gears for Nikon microscope... Don't remember the name or the Web page.

Also you can try to glue the piece with some good glue...

Or try to find on ebay or somewhere if you're lucky,

EDIT: or order a new spare part :mrgreen:
https://flmicroscopes.com/collections/n ... age-pinion