Anyone Got a Laborlux 11?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
LouiseScot

Anyone Got a Laborlux 11?

#1 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:51 pm

Has anyone got one of these?
Laborlux 11 Crop.jpg
Laborlux 11 Crop.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 710 times
I acquired one of the field lenses quite a while back (last year). I've been using it with my DIY rail system (not a Laborlux!). However, I was wondering what the correct/optimum distance between the top of the illuminator and bottom of the condenser might be? Just trying to tweak things. If anyone can give me a measurement, that would be great.

Thanks

Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

PeteM

Re: Anyone Got a Laborlux 11?

#2 Post by PeteM » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi Louise - only have Laborlux D and 12 scopes left - which are a bit different.

However, I'd imagine that if you set up Kohler illumination on your rig, the condenser will tell you precisely where it wants to be spaced. Should work if you have the complete illuminator and proper condenser. Might not work (Kohler illumination) if it's not a compatible Leitz condenser or you have just the field lens and not the entire illuminator base.

If the 11 doesn't have a field iris, could be you could place a pinhole on the field lens and approximate Kohler illumination and spacing?

LouiseScot

#3 Post by LouiseScot » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:01 pm

PeteM wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 pm
Hi Louise - I'd imagine that if you set up Kohler illumination on your rig, the condenser will tell you precisely where it wants to be spaced. Should work if you have the complete illuminator and proper condenser. Might not work (Kohler illumination) if it's not a compatible Leitz condenser or you have just the field lens and not the entire illuminator base.
Well, to properly set up Kohler then I'd need the spacing to the condenser to be within certain limits to start with? I have a feeling I currently have a bit too much distance. If someone can tell me roughly what the spacing limts on a Laborlux are, that would be helpful (= reassuring!). I have the illuminator as in the photo above and viz:
Illuminator.JPG
Illuminator.JPG (11.19 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Thanks

Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

LouiseScot

#4 Post by LouiseScot » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:48 am

It doesn't look like anybody has one, but never mind. Looking at a number of photos of the Laborlux 11, with the same illuminator, on the net, I estimate the distance to be of the order of the diameter of the illuminator. Having dropped the stage down somewhat I can adjust the condenser to focus on the field diaphragm using a 20x objective ok, so that seems reasonable. More fettling to do!

Louise