What is this? Electronic microscope?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
imkap

What is this? Electronic microscope?

#1 Post by imkap » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:35 pm

What is this? It is listed as a very old electronic microscope :)

https://www.njuskalo.hr/sve-ostalo/osta ... s-39491302

SuiGenerisBrewing

Re: What is this? Electronic microscope?

#2 Post by SuiGenerisBrewing » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 pm

Looks like the control console for a 1970's era transmission electron microscope. The microscope part itself would be a (generally) cylindrical stainless steel column capable of holding a hard vacuum.

imkap

#3 Post by imkap » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:14 pm

SuiGenerisBrewing wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 pm
Looks like the control console for a 1970's era transmission electron microscope. The microscope part itself would be a (generally) cylindrical stainless steel column capable of holding a hard vacuum.
Thanks, I thought it was something like that. It is unbelievable what one can find on the local classifieds :D
Looks great, if I had space, maybe I'd get it, just to fiddle with the buttons. Or maybe make a synthesizer inside :D

SuiGenerisBrewing

#4 Post by SuiGenerisBrewing » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:54 pm

imkap wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:14 pm
SuiGenerisBrewing wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 pm
Thanks, I thought it was something like that. It is unbelievable what one can find on the local classifieds :D
Looks great, if I had space, maybe I'd get it, just to fiddle with the buttons. Or maybe make a synthesizer inside :D
Those things were built like tanks. If it has the microscope component, you may be able to get it up and running. They were entirely electo-mechanical; no computer interface needed!