Where is Rafcamera?

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
einman

Where is Rafcamera?

#1 Post by einman » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:53 pm

I'm posting this message in response to inquiries regarding Rafcamera, owned by Rafael Pankratau, no longer listing on E-bay. He is waiting for registration. In the meanwhile, here is the response I received regarding his lack of presence on E-bay and answers to some questions being bounced around--in his own words.

"1. I live in Belarus, and have Belarus citizenship.
2. I don't sell on eBay anymore since eBay introduced too many metrics and requirements making business there very vulnerable to factors beyond my control. eBay became a terrible place for sellers, in my opinion. I'm quitting it without regrets after selling there for 23 years.
It is better to invest money into developing/promoting my own store instead of paying fees to the marketplace that does not care about sellers' success anymore.
There are only two ways to purchase from me at the moment:
1. Checkout on the rafcamera.com site (preferable if we have a necessary product in stock).
2. Direct connection via email (for custom product orders) at rafcamera@gmail.com or sales@rafcamera.com.
Thank you."

I highly encourage anyone needing a customized adapter for their microscope to contact Raf. Many on this forum have used his services. He can design amd make just about any adapter, connecter you can conceive. His prices are far less expensive than many original OEM parts, that in many cases are impossible to find.

Do not hesitate to contact him.

Scarodactyl

Re: Where is Rafcamera?

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:12 am

That is very true about eBay--it's extremely expensive to sell there.

zzffnn

#3 Post by zzffnn » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm

Rafcamera is great to work with. I have bought from him many times.

Wes

#4 Post by Wes » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:03 pm

einman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:53 pm
He can design amd make just about any adapter, connecter you can conceive.[/b]

Do not hesitate to contact him.
I second that. He refined a blueprint I sent him and then produced an adapter that allows me to install a newer generation Axioplan condenser to an older Axiovert scope: https://rafcamera.com/adapter-dt53-7-90mm

Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

jorymil

#5 Post by jorymil » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:37 pm

An m28 to RMS adapter is on my wish list! And yeah... you end up making about 70% return on an eBay sale, plus taxes on that income. I'm seeing stuff now on Etsy that never would have been there a few years ago.

ZodiacPhoto

#6 Post by ZodiacPhoto » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:07 am

This is sad - I found Raf through Ebay, and we designed an adapter for Olympus stereo microscope objectives to attach to Leica MS/MZ series microscopes - I use one of these adapters now.
Without Ebay, I would not find Raf...
raf1200.jpg
raf1200.jpg (117.65 KiB) Viewed 764 times