UV Filter Test result for LED Microscope

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
Suphot

UV Filter Test result for LED Microscope

#1 Post by Suphot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:47 am

For Microscope user who has LED illumination or who replace Halogen lamp with LED unit, you may consider to put UV filter in place to cut off UV light to pass thru eyepiece.

The photographic UV Filter is easy choice to do the job. But all UV filters are not create equal. The test result of UV filter from this web site will help you choose the good one.

http://www.lenstip.com/113.1-article-UV ... ction.html

I hope this help,

Suphot

gekko

Re: UV Filter Test result for LED Microscope

#2 Post by gekko » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Suphot, welcome back. I remember that you used to post to the old forum when I first joined, so it is good to "see" you again here. And thank you for the very useful link.

Suphot

Re: UV Filter Test result for LED Microscope

#3 Post by Suphot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:51 am

Hi Gekko,

Thank you very much for your greeting, I often view thru many of your beautiful photographs and other members in the forum. It is very interesting. But I am not post much because of my laziness.

I saw some discussion of LED illumination adapt into microscope. The UV Filter may need in some case that we don't know the output spectrum. But for normal white LED, I think it need not to use UV Filter. The normal white LED ouput close to zero UV in the sprectrum band.

Best regards,

Suphot