canine sperm

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Microfan

canine sperm

#1 Post by Microfan » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:05 pm

The nearest veterinarian for artificial insemination (AI) is over two hours away, so I have learned to do this procedure myself. Reputable breeders are paying a fortune for health testing and the owners of the female travelled over six hours to meet the male, so additional expense for gas, hotel accommodation, etc.. I thought it would be very valuable to be able to reassure all parties that the sperm was present and of good quality so with the suggestions from MicrobeHunter, I purchased a Swift 380T.
Below is a drop of semen on a slide with coverslip captured with my iPhone 8. Everyone was thrilled and reassured to actually see the swimmers and to know the male is good to go!

apochronaut

Re: canine sperm

#2 Post by apochronaut » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 am

Duke. Duke. Doooooke. Cum here Duke. Good boy, Duke!

smollerthings

#3 Post by smollerthings » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:59 am

Wait, how did you convince Duke to... you know, dunke?

marcel_

#4 Post by marcel_ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:03 am

I just did not dare to ask but I was having the same question, 8-)

Microfan

#5 Post by Microfan » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:37 pm

Introduce Duke to a very pretty girl who is in heat and when he thinks he is coming in for a landing, he ejaculates into a collection bag. Without a pretty girl....well, it takes more "stimulation"....I'm sure you can figure that out. He's happy either way. Lots of this going on in veterinary medicine since sperm for horses, bulls, sheep, etc are frozen and shipped worldwide for breeding. Also, if you have an animal in season and ready to be bred, you can take a Q-tip swab or make-up pad and collect some of her secretions, LOTS of scent there. Freeze the sample and then when you want to collect from the male, just wave it around in front of his nose and he's pretty much good to go....or c**.... ;-)

smollerthings

#6 Post by smollerthings » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:54 am

Thanks. I am now much more knowledgeable on the secret life of Duke. :)

charlie g

#7 Post by charlie g » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:10 pm

My doggie insists that good breeding is fostered by the blood line, the family tree. Sperm motility is no indicator of 'what those tail wagging pups on a microscope slide portend'.

But thank you for the excellent microscopy, and some hands on tips for doggie husbandry. charlie g I'd never buy a pig in a poke or a doggie due good sperm motility
Attachments
DSCN0984.JPG
DSCN0984.JPG (107.33 KiB) Viewed 1824 times