My first microscope video

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Microscopy_is_fun

My first microscope video

#1 Post by Microscopy_is_fun » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 pm

Looking into a rather old water sample from a small creek, I still found plenty of life. That motivated me to venture into the microscope-video world for the first time.

The sequences were made using a stereomicroscope (10x magnification, transmitted polarized light) and a compound microscope (40x objective, transmission, DIC on a Leica DM2000).

marcel_

Re: My first microscope video

#2 Post by marcel_ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:51 pm

Very nice small movie. I was getting prepared for more awesomeness, and then it was already finished. You're making me wait for more!

Javier

#3 Post by Javier » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:17 am

First video? That is amazing.

Microscopy_is_fun

#4 Post by Microscopy_is_fun » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Hi Javier and Marcel,
thanks for your kind feedback, gives a boost in my motivation to look more deeply into videos in the future.

I know that the sequence is somehow too short, but I played around with various settings a the microscope, and in the final footage "awesomeness" was very rare to find.

It seems that DIC is the perfect spice for this type of videos, it makes everything look better in terms of color and contrast. Helpful is also the video editing software. I started to use DaVinci Resolve, it's free and a very powerful software. Especially the colouring tools are very helpful for microscopy-videos in my view.