Can anyone identify this? - Solved

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
hgrav_DE

Can anyone identify this? - Solved

#1 Post by hgrav_DE » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 am

Hello everyone. I have some brown spots on one of my plants, which i suspect to be some kind of fungus. I scraped some off onto a slide and got this picture (sorry for the quality, it is just a snap through my scope with my phone). Although i suppose it is some kind of Pucciniales, or rust fungus, i cannot quite figure it out. Maybe there are some experts here that can point me in the right direction. Also, what resources can one use best to identify such things? Is there a good website or pictured archive?

EDIT: May it be that i made a fool of myself and these are in fact fern spores that belong to the plant? Is that how fernspores would look? The plant is sort of fern-like, though i dont know its name.

EDIT 2: Okay, i suppose i was right, it is an Asplenium scolopendrium, ando those are indeed the spores. Awesome. Sorry to bother, im just getting into this :lol:

Thanks!Image
Attachments
"piles" of this on the underside of the leafs
"piles" of this on the underside of the leafs
schaedling2.jpeg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Picture through scope. The capsules seem to break up and release these smaller eggshaped balls. Most of them were closed at first but opened up until i took the picture.
Picture through scope. The capsules seem to break up and release these smaller eggshaped balls. Most of them were closed at first but opened up until i took the picture.
schaedling.jpeg (128.61 KiB) Viewed 497 times