How to post photos

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Martin Parnham

How to post photos

#1 Post by Martin Parnham » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:46 pm

Hi folks - Had a look around the forum FAQ's but could do with a little more help with posting photo's and having them show as a picture (not a link) in a posting. I think it involves hosting the photos on a publicly accessible site (?) then using the 'img tag' in the post (?). Not clear about either of these !

Many thanks
Martin

Chas

Re: How to post photos

#2 Post by Chas » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:58 pm

Martin, I click on the "Attachments" tab that is below the box where you type the message.... then there is a rectangular button that shows with "Add Files" in it.

I click on this add files button and then that lets me pick an image (from inside a file in this computer)

Then that image's name appears in the box, and then I click on a rectangular button, to the right of the image's name, that says " Place inline".

You wont see the image as you type; all you will see is something that says something like "atachment....blurb ....atachment" the image will only show up when you hit the "Preview" button to the left of the "Submit" button

So hopefully here is a pic of the anthers et al. of a deadnettle:
Deadnettle pollen and anthers 1024 wide.jpg
Deadnettle pollen and anthers 1024 wide.jpg (161.63 KiB) Viewed 804 times
I do shrink the photo's width before I post them using Irfranview (a free photo viewing program)
[If you open an image with Irfranview click on the the "Image" menu at the top and then in the list that then appears is "Resize/Resample" and then a little box opens where you can pick some fixed sizes, if you want].

Martin Parnham

#3 Post by Martin Parnham » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:57 am

Thank you Chas for your excellent reply. I really don't think I would have got there without it!

Martin

Martin Parnham

#4 Post by Martin Parnham » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 am

PS - That's a seriously cool photograph - Martin

Chas

#5 Post by Chas » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:44 am

Thanks Martin, the yellow and black colours seem to go well together!
However I have no idea what is going on ... the stems of the anthers look slightly like a female part... and what is the 'pin' sticking up in between the two anthers ?!

Chas

#6 Post by Chas » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:00 pm

Well I guess I shouldn't have been baffled; I should have searched the internet ;-)
Here is a description and some micrographs of the flowering structure of White deadnettle:

http://actascipol.upwr.edu.pl/pl/full/7 ... 100043.pdf

And here is a broad but slightly surprising overview of Trichomes:
https://www.daviddarling.info/encyclope ... chome.html