"Scorpion!"

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
jackieone

"Scorpion!"

#1 Post by jackieone » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:04 am

A MOST unwelcome visitor, this one broke into my kitchen and agreed to be filmed and photographed and in return, no stings were administered by the toxic tail!

https://youtu.be/jmvSMw4BWDU

Enjoy! and do not fear the 3" Yellow Devil!

Javier

Re: "Scorpion!"

#2 Post by Javier » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Wow, that seems so dangerous!

Where are you from?

jackieone

#3 Post by jackieone » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:54 am

@Javier - I live in Utah, with the Yellow Devils and various assorted fun flora and fauna!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to step on one, it's painful but not fatal. I've seen some websites claiming these make good pets, but I'm not a scorpion pet type person. Cats are ok, especially if they're the neighbors' cats, they visit, they leave...it's pretty sweet.

They can move quite fast, but not on a tile kitchen floor! That's how I was able to catch him, I just scooped him into a glass dish and under the microscope he went. They're only - tops - 3" long. This guy was under an inch long, and not very interested in anything I was doing while filming him.

Anyway, he was a docile subject and he probably snuck back into my yard a few days after I let him go...so I may be seeing him again! LOL!

Javier

#4 Post by Javier » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:15 pm

jackieone wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:54 am
@Javier - I live in Utah, with the Yellow Devils and various assorted fun flora and fauna!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to step on one, it's painful but not fatal. I've seen some websites claiming these make good pets, but I'm not a scorpion pet type person. Cats are ok, especially if they're the neighbors' cats, they visit, they leave...it's pretty sweet.

They can move quite fast, but not on a tile kitchen floor! That's how I was able to catch him, I just scooped him into a glass dish and under the microscope he went. They're only - tops - 3" long. This guy was under an inch long, and not very interested in anything I was doing while filming him.

Anyway, he was a docile subject and he probably snuck back into my yard a few days after I let him go...so I may be seeing him again! LOL!
Thanks for the information, Jackie. It's good to know they are not that dangerous. I was assuming they were much bigger, probably because of the scope views that you shared.

I would prefer not to run into one of these, let alone having one as a pet... :shock: :lol: