One of the first real results from my neophot 21

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Topcode

One of the first real results from my neophot 21

#1 Post by Topcode » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:03 am

My neophot 21 is still in quite the state of disarray, realistically at some point I need to do a complete disassembly and clean, but as it is now, it works, for some results.
So, here's a look at the quad bayer filter from an ipad pro 12.9" 2015 front camera. (model a1652)
Its harder to see in the picture, but there are relatively clear sets of 2x2 pixels per color, like you can see in this diagram This is mainly visible due to the micro lenses I suspect, not actual pixel structures, though it could be either or a combination. This image in specific is of an edge to the sensor, so you can see the multitude of different types of arrangements of pixels which reveal themselves at the edges of a sensor. Including what i suspect are(from top left to bottom right) full pixels, raw(or missing some element) cfa pixels, uncovered pixels and pure cfa with no pixels (not sure at all really, but there is something on that half of the image)
I'm glad to finally get a tad of use out of this immovable behemoth from the 1970s east Germany, even if it is just looking at a bit of interesting material mounted sloppily(so poorly I had to focus stack) with hot glue onto a slide after being smashed apart with a screwdriver.