"Falling" droplet mischief on my wetmount slides.

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
charlie g

"Falling" droplet mischief on my wetmount slides.

#1 Post by charlie g » Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 am

Thanks to hkv's recent slide droplet post (thanks hkv!)...I post one set of 'droplet mischief' I've encountered on my wetmount slides.

Through years of fun holidays often with a hotel stay for us...I've noted: 'abstract art pictures' in the rooms we enjoyed. Only due these 'cranked out/ boiler-plate abstract paintings in hotels we have enjoyed'...I've collected quite a few images from my wetmount slide encounters with: 'droplet mischief'...I figure..if cropped right...these images might find their way to hotel room abstract art...go figure fellow microscopists!

Thanks, hkv, for sparking notice of these aspects of poorly cleaned wetmount slide preps...I'll continue to collect my ..err..best droplet mischief slide encounters! I did note that simple dark field offers pleasing varience from my dl phase encounters with these droplets. I wonder with your 4X objective image captures, hkv,...does stacking palpably enhance the droplet images? You know I am a fan of your shared microscopy, hkv. charlie guevara...debating if these images would benefit an ambient music CD cover.
Attachments
283.JPG
283.JPG (57.24 KiB) Viewed 3652 times
263.JPG
263.JPG (55.91 KiB) Viewed 3652 times
275.JPG
275.JPG (73.46 KiB) Viewed 3652 times

charlie g

Re: "Falling" droplet mischief on my wetmount slides.

#2 Post by charlie g » Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 am

Please note...it's the final (dl Phase) image capture which for me evokes a sense of : 'falling', charlie guevara

hkv

#3 Post by hkv » Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 pm

charlie g wrote: I wonder with your 4X objective image captures, hkv,...does stacking palpably enhance the droplet images? You know I am a fan of your shared microscopy, hkv.
Great images and nice effects! Droplets are always fun to play with! At 4X I would assume stacking is not needed. At 10-20X and up I find it useful. At least I shoot a stack and then I play with Serene to see what stack configuration gives the best result. Sometimes less is more.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/micromundus
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/micromundusphotography
Web: https://hakankvarnstrom.com
Olympus BX51 | Olympus CX23 | Olympus SZ40 | Carl ZEISS EVO LS 10 Lab6 | Carl Zeiss Jena Sedival

JimT

#4 Post by JimT » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 am

Through years of fun holidays often with a hotel stay for us
You must stay in some strange hotels. Is the name Bates on the door :) /

Interesting images. HKV and you may be starting a new trend of micro postings.

gekko

#5 Post by gekko » Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Nice post, charlie.