Sticky Topics

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
biofilmer86

Sticky Topics

#1 Post by biofilmer86 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:11 am

Are sticky topics used in this forum? For instance, links to webpages in the identification sub-forum for faster identification of anything you might see under the microscope?

I realize this requires moderator permissions and I am not raising my hand to become a moderator since I have no experience doing that.

Sir

Re: Sticky Topics

#2 Post by Sir » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:29 am

I see topics can be stickied on this forum, but of course that would need to be done by the admin or moderators.

With the growing number of members, I think now would be a good time to sticky some frequently asked questions. There have been a lot of similar posts recently and it's great to see the community so active, but we may be diluting the content with duplicate posts.

Element 56

#3 Post by Element 56 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:08 pm

certainly sticky topics would/could cutdown on answering the same question time and time again. It would be nice to have them for certain topics.

linuxusr

#4 Post by linuxusr » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:54 am

@ et al

STRONG SECOND ON STICKIES.

There is a plethora of documentation, including books, much in the public domain, in the form of URL's, that are scattered throughout many sub-forums, including, Resouces, with no central access available.

The most valuable of these sources need to be collated, with a one sentence description of each, and made available in the form of a "sticky." Down the line, other stickies would be possible such as Tips and Tricks or Beginners' Labs.
Nikon AlphaPhot 2 < Zeiss Primostar 3, Full Köhler; Axiocam 208 Color < UHD LG
Aller Anfang ist schwer.

linuxusr

#5 Post by linuxusr » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:55 am

Sure, Admin Mr. Kim must approve, but if we lay the groundwork and submit a proposal, he'll have something to work with and can make a decision. He should not have to do any of the footwork, like searching for the best hidden URL's. That should be our job.
Nikon AlphaPhot 2 < Zeiss Primostar 3, Full Köhler; Axiocam 208 Color < UHD LG
Aller Anfang ist schwer.